Software Senior Engineer
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R032969 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
Senior Software Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Software Engineer in the Storage Division in Hopkinton MA.
The Storage Division provides enterprise class hardware and software data storage solutions that give companies across the world the tools the need to thrive in a competitive market. Within the Storage Division, the Cloud Storage Team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop Cloud Storage solutions for DellEMC storage systems — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
As a member of this team you will
- Work as a member of a small team,
- Be given the independence to implement the best solution
- Collaborate with other highly skilled engineers in an agile development environment
- Influence design decisions
- Be expected to work with minimal oversight and make a lasting impact on what we build and how we build it
- Design, development and delivery of innovative software solutions
- Collaborative development in a small team
- Participate in peer code and design reviews
- Design, implement and test software to verify the correctness of your code
- Experience with design and development in linux environments
- Ability to document and clearly present topics to varying audiences
- Mastery of C++
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Python and Linux shell experience.
- Knowledge of Cloud Storage Systems
- Knowledge of network configuration and debugging
- Deploying software in containers and virtual machines
- Agile development
- Python, C, REST API, shell scripting
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.