Software Principal Engineer--User Interface Technical Lead
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R035163 Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
Software Principal Engineer-User Interface Technical Lead
Internal Level: I8
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Principal Engineer, UI Technical Lead on our Software Engineering team in Hopkinton, MA .
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- We are looking for a software engineer to lead Dell’s data protection cloud-based user interface. You will work on features, functionality, and/or infrastructure application support for the industry’s leading data protection applications on a SaaS platform.
- Architect, design, implement, test and deliver scalable cloud-native UI microservices.
- Participate in User Interface design reviews with user experience experts to build new features for our customers.
- Work in a highly collaborative Agile/Scrum environment with engineers and product managers.
- Mentor others in web development technologies, tools, and processes.
- Work with automation test frameworks to write unit and integration tests to drive code coverage and automation metrics.
- Solid understanding of web development frameworks (Angular, React, Vue.js) and technologies like CSS3, HTML5 and Sass/LESS.
- Strong understanding of single page application best practices, UI performance optimization techniques, web standards and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience with client-side and e2e testing technology such as Karma, Protractor, or Jasmine.
- Experience solving front-end performance and scalability challenges
- Java development experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience working as a software engineer with focus on web UIs with 2+ years in a senior engineering, architecture, or technical management role
- Prior experience with the software that controls Dell EMC Data Protection and/or Storage Array hardware
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Experience with Angular 7 with Spring Framework.
- Experience with Agile software development and test-driven development.
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.