Software Engineer - Early Career - Automation
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R030247 Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
Software Engineer 1
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
As a member of the PowerMax Back-End Test team within the VMAX Software organization, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Involvement in Qualification of DellEMC VMAX and PowerMax All Flash Storage Arrays.
- Team member to create and execute automation tests for our high-end storage platform. Includes writing/debugging test cases in Python within our test frame infrastructures as well as using existing internal testing tools.
- Test development and automation of test cases requiring constant interaction with both product developers, automation and test engineers.
- Identifying defects in early stages by providing debug information, thereby enabling developers to identify the root cause of the issue.
- The candidate should exhibit ability to quickly adapt to the Qualification Test Process and learn new and complex topics.
- Concentration will be on the BackEnd areas within the PowerMax system focusing on NVMe injections, link recovery scenarios, device recovery flows, and service scripts (replacements, upgrades, etc.)
- Exposure to and familiarity with test automation procedures
- Contribute to test automation activities through knowledge of coding/programming in current languages.
- Test automation knowledge preferably in Python
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies is essential.
- Software testing methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree and 0 - 1 years of relevant experience
- BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS is preferred
- General knowledge of Enterprise Storage Software is desired
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.