Services Program Manager
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R48288 Date posted Apr. 11, 2019
Services Program Manager
Seattle, WA; Hopkinton, MA; Remote, USA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities
The Unstructured Data Services Program Management team is the single point of focus representing the service portfolio to the Unstructured Data Storage Product Group (PG), ensuring each side delivers on our promise to Dell customers. We represent roadmaps for service offerings and serviceability requirements based on product roadmaps, strategic decisions around future solutions and feedback from internal and external stakeholders. We drive, execute, and align readiness activities to ensure Dell EMC Services readiness.
With a global remit, our Technical Program Management professionals lead cross-functional product design teams to develop and introduce game-changing new products and solutions. It’s about making sure we offer customers the right features, experience, quality, schedule, cost, continuity of supply, service capability and financials. And when products and solutions are in development, it’s about driving everything from definition through to planning, development and launch across global development centers and multiple lines of business. The team is also crucial to getting shipping right. All in all, it is a fascinating and incredibly varied area.
- Responsible for representing all of Services, specifically Support & Deployment Services (SDS), to product management and engineering at both the executive and Core Team levels
- As a senior individual contributor, the successful candidate will be influential and collaborate with both Product Groups (PG) and SDS teams to accelerating strategic programs critical to our success. This includes tracking the delivery of serviceability requirements, and defining support strategy and readiness plans.
- Responsible for leading the worldwide management and execution of cross-functional programs throughout the product/solution lifecycle, documenting services progress and dependencies at every stage, adhering to the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP); the successful candidate will have experience with leading large and complex products/programs
- Chair the Services Extended Team (SET) meeting for your product(s), ensuring functional groups within Services receive all pertinent product release information and supply feedback on planning and priorities; inspire the cross-functional services team to create quality deliverables to meet milestones to coincide with product requirements and release schedules
- Communicate status, plans and risks to management and other stakeholders via Daptiv and effective communications
- Team with deployment and support delivery to ensure support readiness to for new products, release and/or solutions.
- Ability to lead large program and project teams towards successful outcomes while mitigating risks; excellent track record of leading and managing complex programs and projects with excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong ability to articulate situations and identify viable options, then create compelling, influential data-driven presentations to an executive level audience
- Problem-solving skills that determine the source of a problem and find an effective solution Ability to develop fact-based recommendations and business justifications (experience with leveraging data analytics, financial analysis, ROI justification, etc.)
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables, prioritizing time wisely; detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture
- Service planning, new product launch readiness process and product and service product management experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study or equivalent experience..
- At least 10 years’ experience in the storage industry (preferably unstructured data).
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you are ready to take ownership of ambitious and ground-breaking technical programs, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 04 May 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.