Senior Software Engineer: Security
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R045186 Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every employee, every day. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell's mid-range storage product is one of the fastest-growing storage and data management products in the mid-range market. Its security engineering group is chartered to help customers safeguard their data, and to keep the storage products secure and efficient. We take system approach to address product security, and design the features into the product. With the small group setting, everyone gets chance to work with the latest technologies, from encryption hardware to AI, machine learning. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Software Engineer with solid C, C++ programming skill, and some computer security background to enhance our next generation products. We adopt and adhere to the most effective processes, and foster a culture of excellence and innovation.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, develop and test features including but not limited to data encryption and application security for the storage product.
- Perform security assessments for existing and upcoming features/infrastructure.
- Improve the storage product to meet security compliance requirement
- Collaborate cross functionally with other engineering groups
- Support and facilitate security related compliance validation testing
- Research new technologies, prototype solutions and ensure the product remains current with the state of the practice for security
- Influence future product/program direction in the data security area for data center and cloud storage environments
- Develop functional and design specifications to support product requirements,
- Develop component and system level test plans to validate security functionality
- Propose design changes and enhancements to processes and products
- Collaborates cross functionally with engineering employees and other engineering groups.
- Voluntarily shares information, fosters teamwork and collaboration
- 5+ years of hands-on SW development experience
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts, information and network security a plus
- Experience with APIs: REST, SOAP and other integrations.
- Knowledge of Linux system, container, and other virtualization technology a plus
- Knowledge of storage system a plus
- Strong diagnostic and problem resolution skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS / MS, or equivalent experience required
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.