Senior Manager, Product Marketing
Round Rock, Texas, Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States;Seattle, Washington, United StatesJob ID R029265 Date posted Aug. 12, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Manager, Product Marketing on our Global ISG Product Marketing team in Hopkinton MA or Seattle, WA.
As a global business with game-changing products, there’s always scope for Dell to grow sales and expand market share. So a highly skilled Product Marketing team is essential. Our team has real vision. They develop and implement strategic approaches to solutions and technology marketing that put our products and services at the forefront of our customers’ minds. Always ready to adjust strategies in response to market change and competition, the team works closely with sales, product partners and vendors. Crucially, their remit goes beyond the customer value proposition to making sure product development is informed by customer insights.
- Lead marketing efforts for flexible consumption offers across our Infrastructure, infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and high value workload solutions
- Develops and Drives all marketing content, positioning, messaging, sales training modules and marketing materials for offer
- Manages & Drives product launches, core positioning, messaging, sales training, competitive battlecards and marketing programs for assigned offer
- Develops value proposition and core messaging works cross functionally to integrate it into related offers and campaign materials, where appropriate
- Drive Dell EMC presence at key events and tradeshows
- Participate in analyst, press, and blogger updates to drive Dell EMC’s thought leadership, share of voice and influence industry/trade coverage and improve competitive awareness
- Assists with defining programmatic elements of offer like sales and partner incentives works to integrate these into sales training as appropriate
- Assesses market requirements, benchmarks competition, engages with press and analysts to understand market and help shape a favorable point of view on our offers
- Collaborate with a diverse set of teams across Dell EMC, including professional services, partner/channel, and financial services to create an end-to-end marketing message
- Interfaces with all levels of organization including the executive management team as well as external customers, executive management, press & industry analysts
- Works closely with high levels of management, across functions and externally to develop effective strategies and programs to meet functional and cross-functional goals
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing / product management for infrastructure products (server, storage, solutions)
- Experience developing marketing content likeinfographics, blogs, white papers, website content and social media copy for variety of stakeholders - sales, customers, partners, demand gen, press, analysts
- Subject market expertise and product marketing experience in flexible consumption models like metered usage, leasing etc. and cloud models such as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Containers-as-a-Service (CaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling yet simple messaging from complicated technical concepts
- Experience of creating enablement for and working closely with enterprise sales teams
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence across multiple functions and teams within the company
- Bachelor's degree is required; MBA or advanced technical degree is a plus (not required)
- Knowledge of public cloud technologies and flexible consumption models
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re excited by the prospect of marketing ground-breaking innovations to a global audience, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.