Senior Instructional Designer
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R033947 Date posted Sep. 12, 2019
Sr. Instructional Design/Developer
Round Rock, TX (other locations will be considered)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr. Instructional Designer on our DFS Learning & Development team.
While Dell drives human progress through groundbreaking technology, the Learning and Development team within Human Resources drives the development of our people. We need everyone to be at the top of their game, so we design, prepare and deliver training and development programs for our managers and team members to achieve this. We deliver and evaluate a wide range of programs, from new employee orientation and performance management to leadership development. We also help to shape learning priorities within Dell and work consultatively with other HR professionals to share knowledge and implement organizational development programs.
- Identify the learning needs of Dell Financial Services (DFS) Sales team members and recommend and plan the appropriate solutions.
- Design and develop learning materials: classroom, eLearning, webcast, job aids, reference guides, etc.
- Collaborate with business leaders and technical/functional SMEs to achieve desired learning outcomes.
- Maintain a streamlined communication with multiple stakeholders.
- Track training completion and evaluate effectiveness.
- At least 7 years’ experience in identifying learning needs and designing and developing training materials (MS Office / Articulate), preferably in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to consult with business partners, analyze data and recommend course design, methodology and structure.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in planning, projecting workflow and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Adapt to changing priorities, resources and needs, coordinating and communicating with all parties concerned.
- A strong sense of diplomacy paired with excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Availability to work US hours.
- Experience facilitating training classes preferred.
- Industry Knowledge preferred (Financial Services, Leasing, Credit or similar field).
- Experience in using Articulate Studio, Storyline or 360.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can help make talented people even better, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.