Senior Advisor-Product Management-Cloud Platform Services
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R71302 Date posted Sep. 29, 2018
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Location: remote in the US
Virtustream is seeking an experienced Cloud Platform Product Manager that will use his/her business and technical skills to drive requirements and use cases for Virtustream Enterprise Cloud Platform services. This person will work closely with the customers, field and engineering to define, develop, shape and refine Virtustream Enterprise Cloud platform requirements. We are looking for someone who is passionate about cloud technology, user-focused, with an entrepreneurial spirit to make an immediate impact.
- Responsible for developing use cases and requirements for Virtustream Enterprise Cloud platform services by working with customers, field, engineering and other product managers
- Identify and prioritize new features for product backlog based on revenue potential, profitability, timing, competition, business unit strategy and vision
- Own roadmap for Virtustream Enterprise Cloud platform services
- Collaborate with Marketing organization for driving solution release collateral
- Participate in agile scrum meetings and validate delivered architecture/designs
- Work both internally with functional groups (engineering, marketing, sales, alliances, services, support, etc.) as well as externally with customers and partners to drive releases
- Perform competitive analysis related to Virtustream Enterprise Cloud platform services
- Understands, assesses and critiques the architecture proposed by architecture team and ensures that the engineering team delivery is aligned to addressing business needs
- Work with program/release managers to track schedule against the roadmap, and escalate risks and issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in product management focused on Cloud Software, Automation and Orchestration tools
- Knowledge in various industry leading Cloud/automation software technologies
- Experience writing use cases and requirements
- Experience in Scrum/ agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Strong understanding of strategy, financial and analytical fundamentals based upon working experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication presentation skills
- BS or equivalent required
- MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience in Cloud industry preferred
- 2+ years experience in Product Management preferred
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.