Principal Systems Engineer/Presales - SAP
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R32671 Date posted Apr. 10, 2019
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
The Principal Presales Systems Engineer is an accomplished solution architect of virtualization and cloud services, leading strategic consulting with C-Level executives on business transformation and cost optimization derived from virtualization technologies and cloud services. The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for building and maintaining “trusted advisor” relationships with senior client personnel within both business and IT organizations. The Senior Solution Architect designs and delivers IT transformation and business transformation programs exploiting the potential of Cloud Computing and other related technologies.
In addition, the Principal Presales Systems Engineer has an outward-facing role at Virtustream, to participate in pre-sales activities and public dialogue about the rapidly changing landscape around virtualization and cloud, through blogs, white papers, articles, conference participation, and other thought leadership activities.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in leading the sale and delivery of advisory consulting services, development of business cases, design of solution architectures, and multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change. In addition, a successful candidate must be able to understand complex IT and business problems and apply technology and product portfolio knowledge to solve customer problems in a consultative manner and articulate the advantages of infrastructure optimization and technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantage and ROI achieved through various alternatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Sell and deliver high-impact business transformation programs through the use of Cloud Computing and other related technologies
- Design solution architectures and develop migration roadmaps for SAP to private, public, and hybrid cloud, involving leading virtualization technologies
- Direct solution design and implementation experience with SAP; experience in heterogeneous environments preferred
- Identify opportunities for engagement expansion within existing accounts
- Engage in pre-sales architecture and business process evaluations, for qualification and sales support of Virtustream services
- Manage complex change programs involving client, Virtustream and other vendor personnel
- Maintain a public-facing thought leadership presence, actively contributing to the public dialogue about virtualization and cloud services
- SAP Basis Technical Industry experience that ranges from customer support, consulting, project management, product management, development to sales as well as IT aspects including SaaS and database
- Part of an SAP “Think tank” that successfully drives sales projects to completion with a win/win solution
- Work as part of a specialized team that focuses on the SAP’s Database & Technology cloud solutions…including everything from standard SAP architecture to innovative in-memory HANA Database and Sybase solutions
- Technical leadership and drive development and consistency and integration of SAP Best Practices across global organization
- Deep knowledge of core virtualization technologies and vendor programs, such as RHCDS/RHCA, VCAP/VCDX, CCNE, CCIA, MCA
- Leading certifications in core and advanced SAP technologies such as HANA
- Expert knowledge of SAP Product Life Cycle Management
- Advanced degree or equivalent; 12+ years of experience with SAP
- World-class technical skills and experience designing and implementing IT infrastructure solutions, involving virtualization and cloud technologies
- Extensive knowledge of the Cloud market and the key vendor offerings
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Technical knowledge of cloud architectures including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, and metrics (status) of key projects to required stakeholders and diverse audiences (technical and business)
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.