Network Security Advisor (SRO)
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R86973 Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
Network Security Advisor
Round Rock, Texas
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Network Security Advisor to join our Security & Resiliency team. The ideal candidate will join Dell’s Security & Resiliency Office with the responsibility to support Dell’s Global Chief Security Officer in all matters of organizational management and execution. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and fast-moving, with the ability to independently lead projects in addition to being responsible for daily activities that ensure the overall health of the organization from an administrative and staff management perspective.
The Network Security Advisor serves as operational engineer for the technologies that the Network Security area of corporate Cybersecurity support. Ensures that all system components are maintained, updated, monitored, accessible, and available according to Cybersecurity standards; while partnering with other engineers in the evaluation, testing, and implementation of diverse solutions.
- Support the security design, implementation, operations and integration of critical network security initiatives within Dell Technologies.
- Prepare and implement firewall and security policies changes to security devices.
- Provide technical support to business units for security management products.
- Troubleshoot issues and deployments of security devices across various network segments that include differing levels of packet filtering
- Contribute to high level strategy or design initiatives for the Cyber Security unit.
- Secure the products in accordance with Dell guidelines and industry best practices for system build configuration.
- Develop solutions and create technical documentation.
- Provide on call support. Serve as subject matter expert for supported technologies.
- A 2-year degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related major; or 2 years of direct experience in the field of cybersecurity.
- Strong understanding of IT and Cybersecurity technologies.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SSL
- Experience with security processes and documentation
- Experience with firewalls/IDS preferable Checkpoint, Palo Alto or SonicWALL.
- Industry certifications relevant to the role such as: CCNA, CCNP, CCSA, ACE etc.
- Experience with logging technologies and Splunk.
- Cisco router / switch experience.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.