IOT Principal Performance SW Engineer
Austin, Texas, Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States;Remote - California, United States (Bay Area);Seattle, Washington, United StatesJob ID R040012 Date posted Oct. 18, 2019
Harnessing the full potential of IoT requires adding intelligence to every stage. Smarter data gathering at the edge, smarter compute at the core and deeper learning at the cloud computing stage driving up the IQ of IoT. From self-driving cars to self-monitoring jet engines to self-regulating factories, sensors at the edge need to generate and act on smarter data.
The IOT Software Engineering team delivers new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop products enabling the full potential of the data in the edge-core-cloud continuum all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
We are looking for aPrincipal Performance SW Engineerfocused on using the latest technology and tools to gauge the scalability and speed of our Platform and APIs. We engineer our platform for speed, optimal resource usage on on-premise and cloud, and user experience while making them reliable and robust. Candidates should display abilities to innovate and be creative.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees all over the world providing them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates taking pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
- Define and implement best practices for performance engineering of large-scale IOT platform.
- Help application teams in scaling their applications and sizing the hardware required to meet projected load.
- Implement perfromance best practices for Cloud Native Applications to be deployed at the edge, on-prem and cloud.
- Monitor Microservices in production to identify and improve latencies and optimize resource utilization
- Analyzing business requirements, processes, data, and system integration points to determine / recommend appropriate technology solutions.
- Agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it.
- 8+ years of related experience building highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Software development experience using several of the following languages/frameworks: Java, Spring, Go, Python and Spark.
- Expert knowledge of object oriented programming , Architecture and Design Patterns.
- Expert in Microservices and Cloud Native Applications.
- Expert in Container Technologies and Kubernetes.
- Experience developing high performance applications.
- Experience with network infrastructure.
- Experience utilizing app resiliency strategies.
- Expertise with Agile software development methodology, TDD, XP and Pair-Programming.
- Experience with version control (ex: Git).
- Experience in Security and best practices.
- Good understanding of Machine-learning and Deep-learning.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audiences.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as vSphere, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.
- Contributing to large open source projects is a plus.
- Previous experience building end to end Machine Learning systems.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.