Global Storage Specialty Analytics
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R028936 Date posted Aug. 16, 2019
Global Storage Specialty Business Analytics
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Global Storage Specialty Business Analytic
Quite simply, the greater we grow sales of Dell’s ground-breaking products and services, the further and faster we can help drive human progress. That’s where Sales Planning & Strategy comes in. Pushing forward key sales strategic initiatives and supporting the development of long-term sales growth plans, this expert team enables us to deliver innovative tech to more customers than ever before. It’s a far-reaching and varied field that includes developing and managing sales measurement models, analyzing our strategic priorities and identifying new areas of opportunity. From evaluating sales incentive plans to diagnosing sales force training needs, it’s about improving both the quality and quantity of sales activities.
- Identifies and evaluates sales growth strategies
- Develops new analytical tools and processes
- Recommends and implements sales force performance strategies and tracking models on the basis of analytical findings
- Serves as primary interfaces with other internal functions, based on BU and/or regional requirements
- Responsible for influencing sales behavior and capabilities
- Develops, designs, and monitors operational sales tools, tasks and programs
- Extensive coordination of communications and information dissemination with sales force and cross-functional organizations
- Leads process improvement programs cross-functionally
- May play team lead role
- Develops and uses sales measurement models and diagnostic tools to help identify sales performance indicators, key areas of opportunity and sales force training needs.
- Analyzes and recommends strategic priorities, sales force performance metrics and sales effectiveness tracking methods in order to maintain and improve the company’s competitive advantage in the market
- Utilizes cross functional operational support to maximize sales force productivity
- Evaluates and recommends changes in sales incentive plans in line with analyses
- 7+ years overall experience in sales, operations or finance
- Requires strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Self starter and team player with ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Strong excel and PowerPoint skills
- < 10% travel required
- Education: Bachelor or Masters in Business
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to shape future approaches to selling world-class innovation on the global stage, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Supports the global storage specialty teams specifically in the following areas:
* Compensation - oversees processes related to executive compensation and coordination across all specialties. Performs spif performance analysis and makes recommendations for future programs. Oversees special projects, including representing specialty in transformational business projects associated with compensation (IQM). Responsible for managing unique/manual compensation situations. Coordinates pay review on behalf of specialty and ensures alignment with broader strategy.
* In conjunction with the global storage specialty leads, helps to manage and coordinate opex, resourcing and T&E plans globally. Participates in GTM design and investment analytics.
* Assists global storage specialty RTB lead with business analytics across a variety of topics and focus areas. Will help to create executive level presentations on a recurring and ad hoc basis.