Global Operations Strategy Senior Advisor - Austin, TX - Boston, MA
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R027504 Date posted Jul. 31, 2019
Want to join a world-class global operations organization where you can drive change while building a long-term career? Dell is renowned for its supply chain innovation and is consistently recognized as having one of the top five supply chains in the world. With over 2 billion customer interactions annually and factories in six countries, Dells supply chain is highly evolved. Yet, industry changes and an evolving business model require us to constantly reevaluate and reshape our supply chain to optimize customer experience, efficiency and risk mitigation.
The Global Operations Strategy team is responsible for designing and implementing advanced supply chains across Dells lines of business. You will be part of a high-profile team that has a seat at the table for key business decisions and is a primary enabler of Dells go-to-market strategy worldwide.
As a Global Operations Strategy Senior Advisor, you will be part of a hand-picked internal consulting team with high visibility to Dells executive leadership. You should be comfortable with a fast-paced dynamic environment, be able to clearly and concisely communicate recommendations and conclusions with the support of detailed analysis and sources and may be asked to regularly participate in cross-functional teams in support of initiatives throughout the organization.
The position offers
- Opportunity to drive cutting-edge strategies for one of the industry's most respected supply chains
- Access to executive leadership team at a Fortune 50 company
- Opportunity to work with a highly motivated team that invests in your development
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- Role Responsibilities
- Play an active role and own multiple work streams in critical projects to improve our global, end-to-end supply chain
- Own multiple stakeholder relationships to develop solutions and influence change
- Responsible for driving key strategic initiatives for the organization, leading small, focused teams
- Conduct stakeholder interviews. Plan and facilitate workshops
- Identify and structure problems, create hypotheses and execute analysis; Translate data into meaningful insights; Present recommendations to key decision makers
- Work with top executives across the organization and influence senior level thinking
- 4+ years of Strategy Consulting experience with one of the Tier 1 Consulting Firms plus Bachelor's degree or 2+ years of post MBA Strategy Consulting experience
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and thought leadership to identify core issues, run complex analytics and synthesize actionable recommendations within limited time
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build trust-based relationship with senior executives of the company and work as a trusted advisor on key strategies
- Mindset and drive to enable truly impactful and transformational initiatives despite roadblocks expected in large business
- Effective project management skills with experience in several project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Proficiency on MS tools such as Visual basic, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with advanced analytics and modeling techniques such as Monte-Carlo simulation, linear and multivariate regression model, local and global maximum optimization as well as tools such as KNIME and Alteryx
- Familiarity with programming language such as Python, C++ to model and simulate basic supply chain scenario
- Supply Chain experience is a plus
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Come join us! For More Information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.