Global Industry Marketing Manager, Video Surveillance
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R033790 Date posted Sep. 05, 2019
Dell Technologies is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Global Industries Marketing Manager, Surveillance, on our Marketing team.
As a global business with game-changing products, there’s always scope for Dell Technologies to grow sales and expand market share. So a highly skilled Product Marketing team is essential. Our team has real vision. They develop and implement strategic approaches to solutions and technology marketing that put our products and services at the forefront of our customers’ minds. Always ready to adjust strategies in response to market change and competition, the team works closely with sales, product partners and vendors. Crucially, their remit goes beyond the customer value proposition to making sure product development is informed by customer insights.
- Leads and executes on global industries marketing plan and deliverables for surveillance and safety & security industry focused on market awareness, demand generation, and enablement activities to help drive sales revenue.
- Supports launch of industry solutions and provides sustaining efforts to create awareness and demand for industry solutions via thought leadership, content creation, industry events, event management, external web presence (social media outreach) and internal sales enablement tools.
- Coordinates with Industry GM, industry subject-matter experts (SMEs), product teams, sales, priority partners, regional field marketing teams, and others to conduct market research, monitor competitive activity and identify changing customer needs.
- Understanding of solutions, products and their value added to customers and partners.
- Develops content for external and internal audiences, conveying industry value propositions, including customer presentations, briefs, infographics, and sales training materials
- Partners with Industry General Manager and key stakeholders to capture and convey customer value proposition (i.e. industry solution appropriate for customers and partners in the vertical). Understanding of solutions, products and their value added to customers
- Analyze and communicate program results and impact to the organization including management, sales, and marketing
- Leads creation of integrated industry marketing plan aligned to the industry business plan including industry-specific marketing awareness content assets and demand generation campaigns for new customer acquisition and to increase existing customer share of wallet
- Contributes to industry market strategy and analysis effort collaborating with the industry GM and SMEs and coordinating with competitive, AR and PR teams
- Position requires ability to interface with all levels of organization including the extended industry sales team as well as customers, trade associations, press and industry analysts
- Leadership and initiative
- Strong knowledge of marketing mix programs and tools
- Proven marketing experience and working in matrixed organizations
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Previous experience in industry or solution marketing, and knowledge of surveillance technologies, IoT, products and marketing opportunity
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.