Epic Client Systems On-boarding Administrator
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - Illinois, United States;Remote - Massachusetts, United States;Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - Pennsylvania, United States;Remote - South Carolina, United States;Remote - Tennessee, United States;Remote - Texas, United StatesJob ID R043794 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
Epic Client Systems On-boarding Administrator
Location: Remote US
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our IT Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
- Installing and managing the application deployment platforms that serve production, reporting, disaster recovery, training, and non-production during the on-boarding phase.
- Installing and maintaining the administrative and monitoring tools necessary for high levels of availability and performance of your Epic system.
- Assisting in the configuration and troubleshooting of integrated third party software.
- Applying platform and Epic upgrades and updates to production and non‐production components before hand over to the steady state team.
- Responding to emergency and after‐hours issues during the on-boarding phase.
- Engaging in capacity planning exercises to ensure adequate system resources.
- Writing and maintaining scripts to improve system management tasks.
- Participating in your change control process for all planned application and technical activities.
- Maintaining and testing processes related to business continuity.
- Following vendor and Epic best practices for hardware and software configuration.
Must Have Requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years of Microsoft Windows Server Administration (Specific to Windows 2012 R2 - Windows 2016 OS)
- Minimum of 3 years of Epic Systems Administration experience
- Expertise in application deployment platforms such as Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware Horizon View w/ RDSH, VMware Horizon View Desktops.
- Ability to create, understand, and follow processes to ensure successful execution of critical maintenance procedures
- Currently possesses a certification in Epic Client System Administration
- Expertise in application deployment platforms such as Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware Horizon View w/ RDSH, VMware Horizon View Desktops
- Experience working in a virtualized platform such as VMWare ESXi
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to lead the way in IT architecture development, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.