Epic Clarity / Cogito Engineer
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R036705 Date posted Sep. 27, 2019
Epic Clarity / Cogito Engineer
Location: Remote US
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our IT Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
- Configure and Maintain Cogito, Clarity, and Caboodle databases
- Engages in capacity planning exercises to ensure to ensure adequate system resources
- Monitors the database size and growth
- Creates and manages plans for maintaining statistics and indexes
- Understands performance metrics, monitoring of system performance, and troubleshooting of issues
- Managing logins for different types of access, including login behavior and working environment configuration
- Applying RDMS upgrades and updates to production and non‐production environments
- Validates that the extract, transfer, and load (ETL) process is completed daily without issue
- Modifying the ETL process to meet organizational reporting needs
- Scheduling and monitoring a recurring Clarity extract process
- Adding new tables and columns to extracts as needed
- Troubleshooting and resolving Clarity Console and ETL process errors
- Maintaining and testing processes related to business continuity
- Participating in change control process for all planned application and technical activities
Must Have Requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience configuring and maintaining Cogito, Clarity and / or Caboodle databases
- Must have an RDBMS Certification (Oracle SQL)
- Experince modifying, troubleshooting and resolving ETL process needs
- Windows Server Administration experience
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting on your chosen platform (Microsoft SQL or Oracle), Windows Server, and IIS
- Technically proficient in analytical database platforms
- Working knowledge of database operating systems
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to lead the way in IT architecture development, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.