Director, Risk (SRO)
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R71107 Date posted Oct. 17, 2018
Austin, TX; Hopkinton, MA; Remote
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security and resiliency risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest privately controlled technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Director, Risk within the Governance, Risk and Compliance function. This role will report to the Vice President of Governance, Risk and Compliance within the Security and Resiliency Organization. This position may be based in any of our worldwide security hubs, from Dell headquarters in the beautiful suburbs of Austin, TX, to Massachusetts, Mexico, Ireland, India, Malaysia, or even remote. Dell’s Connected Workplace program promotes finding the best talent to join our team, irrespective of geographic location.
This role will be responsible for enhancing and driving the global security and resiliency risk management strategy, framework, tools and processes to enable the business to identify, manage and remediate risk at strategic and operational levels. The right candidate will have a proven track record in defining and implementing risk methodologies and frameworks and be comfortable liaising and presenting risk at all levels of the organization.
- Define and implement a global security and resiliency risk management framework that includes alignment with business objectives and adoption of a common risk methodology, processes and taxonomy across the enterprise. Communicate and champion the risk management methodology and processes to ensure global adoption and consistent use.
- Refine enhance and drive the 3rd party risk management program with close partnership with procurement functions to identify and manage to acceptable levels security risk and exposure as it relates to 3rd party partners and vendors.
- Define and implement risk management processes and functions within the global eGRC platform to support the risk management frameworks. Champion adoption and implementation of the eGRC risk management processes across the organization.
- Recruit, manage, mentor and lead the risk team in conducting global and tactical risk assessments to identify and manage critical risks to the organization and critical assets as necessary.
- Develop board, executive and management-level reporting materials and dashboards that report routinely the organization’s security and resiliency risk posture, including risk reduction trends and risk mitigation status. Develop Key Risk Indicators (KRI) functionality and processes to inform management and executives of the changing risk landscape.
- Engage in continuous participation and partnership with other departments and businesses within Dell, and building/managing relationships across Dell to drive success of the GRC objectives and strategy.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Cyber Security, Risk Management or similar discipline preferred
- 10+ years of experience in information security risk management with a bias to the technology industry
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Ability to drive and globally integrate complex, multi-functional, cross-organizational initiatives through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing equities
- Ability to engage executive-level stakeholders on complex risk matters in a substantive manner with little to no oversight or guidance
- Ability to communicate risk and technical issues in business digestible terms
- Ensures rigorous attention to detail in all work activities and products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-driven and accountability-minded
- Demonstrates thought leadership and possesses best practice awareness across functional areas of responsibility
- Prior experience with leading, managing, and driving risk management programs for a large-sized organization, or equivalent experience, is required
- Professional certifications in governance, risk, compliance, security, or resiliency are preferred but not required
- Travel varies depending on base office location
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you work to the highest ethical standards and want to help a global business do the same, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.