Director Global Operations Strategy - Austin, TX or Boston, MA
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R79620 Date posted Nov. 26, 2018
As a Director in our Operations Strategy organization, you will lead critical projects to improve our global, end-to-end supply chain. You will provide thought leadership on such topics as the design of our global operations footprint, fulfillment approaches for developing markets, manufacturing optimization, and the management of innovation and technology in the supply chain, among many others. You will be expected to lead a team of analysts and consultants to drive analysis, develop strategies and deliver presentations to senior executives in the Global Operations team. You will need to collaborate with many stakeholders to develop solutions and influence change.
You should be comfortable with a fast-paced dynamic environment, be able to clearly and concisely communicate recommendations and conclusions with the support of detailed analysis and sources, and may be asked to regularly participate in cross-functional teams in support of initiatives throughout the organization.
The position offers:
- Opportunity to drive cutting-edge strategies for one of the industry’s most respected supply chains
- Access to executive leadership team at a Fortune 50 company
- Opportunity to work with a highly motivated team that invests in your development
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- Play an active role and own multiple work streams in critical projects to improve our global, end-to-end supply chain
- Own multiple stakeholder relationships to develop solutions and influence change
- Responsible for driving key strategic initiatives for the organization, leading small, focused teams
- Conduct stakeholder interviews. Plan and facilitate workshops
- Identify and structure problems, create hypotheses and execute analysis; translate data into meaningful insights; present recommendations to key decision makers
- Work with top executives across the organization and influence senior level thinking
- Be a mentor to junior team members
- 6+ years work experience in a top tier consulting firm with bachelor’s degree in related field or 3+ years with MBA or similar master’s degree
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing people directly in top tier consulting firm
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and thought leadership to identify core issues, run complex analytics and synthesize actionable recommendations within limited time
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build trust-based relationship with senior executives of the company and work as a trusted advisor on key strategies
- Passion to coach and develop a high performing team with diverse background
- Mindset and drive to enable truly impactful and transformational initiatives despite roadblocks expected in large business
- Effective project management skills with experience in several project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Proficiency on MS tools such as Visual basic, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Supply Chain experience
- Experience with advanced analytics and modeling techniques such as Monte-Carlo simulation, linear and multivariate regression model, local and global maximum optimization as well as tools such as KNIME and Alteryx
- Familiarity with programming language such as Python, C++ to model and simulate basic supply chain scenario
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Come join us! For More Information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.