Dell EMC Business and Operations Strategist - NEW DELL CLOUD DVISION
Remote - Texas, United States, Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States;Remote - Alabama, United States;Remote - Arizona, United States;Remote - Arkansas, United States;Remote - California, United States (All Other);Remote - California, United States (Bay Area);Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County);Remote - District of Columbia, United States;Remote - Florida, United States;Remote - Idaho, United States;Remote - Indiana, United States;Remote - Iowa, United States;Remote - Kansas, United States;Remote - Michigan, United States;Remote - Minnesota, United States;Remote - Mississippi, United States;Remote - Missouri, United States;Remote - Montana, United States;Remote - Nevada, United States;Remote - New Hampshire, United States;Remote - New Jersey, United States;Remote - New York, United States (All Other);Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro);Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - North Dakota, United States;Remote - Ohio, United States;Remote - Oklahoma, United States;Remote - Oregon, United States;Remote - Pennsylvania, United States;Remote - South Carolina, United States;Remote - South Dakota, United States;Remote - Tennessee, United States;Remote - Utah, United States;Remote - Vermont, United States;Remote - Washington, United States;Remote - West Virginia, United States;Remote - Wisconsin, United States;Remote - Wyoming, United StatesJob ID R037384 Date posted Sep. 27, 2019
An exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional to join an influential and fast moving team charged with defining the future of the Dell EMC business.
As a member of the Dell EMC Strategy and Planning team, you will be charged with developing and driving Dell EMC’s overall Business and Technology Strategy.
- You will help manage the Dell EMC Strategic Planning cadence
- You will manage critical strategic and transformational projects on behalf of ISG leadership
- You will prepare and deliver critical communications to the most senior leadership at Dell Technologies
- You will evaluate existing and develop new, innovative, business models that enable our growth and efficiency objectives
- You will help define new and market disruptive ways of solving real world problems for our customers.
- You will help influence our overall Go-To-Market strategy to best reach those customers.
- You will work collaboratively with the Dell EMC Product and Solutions Business Units (PBUs) to define an industry leading portfolio
- You will work collaboratively with the Dell EMC CTO office to identify and prioritize the most
The successful candidate will ideally have both Business Operations, IT Sales, or Product Planning experience providing extensive operational experience with large, complex, strategic programs/projects. Strong business acumen is a must, allowing the candidate to provide deep analysis on new business opportunities, business models, and competitive trends while simultaneously judging the market potential of those emerging opportunities. Candidates should have a proven track record defining complex product and solutions strategies.
Day to day responsibilities will include driving relationships with the Dell EMC leadership team and their staffs, outreach to Dell’s diverse customer base, representation of Dell at key industry events, and driving key strategic initiatives within the organization. Additionally, the job will entail working closely with Dell product planning and marketing teams as a resource for long-range product planning activities, support for development of market models and business cases, and helping to manage complex programs.
Major Functional areas
Market Trends and Analysis
- Understand the current & future trends in the datacenter IT space to evaluate which ones would make commercial and economic sense for Dell to pursue: business models, technologies, application areas etc
- Partner product & Eco-systems analysis to determine best fit for Dell's strategy
- Analysis the competitive landscape
Customer Needs Analysis and Outreach, Industry Trend Analysis
- Driving relationships with industry analysts, developing and communicating Dell’s Enterprise direction
- Driving customer outreach activities including presentations at Dell’s Executive Briefing Center, customer road shows, and traditional primary research activities
- Attendance and presentation at key Enterprise IT industry events
Internal Stakeholder Analysis
- Work with Dell varied routes to market salesforce to understand customer demand and in which vertical and/or horizontal markets
- Align with CTO office
- Align and coordinate thinking across Dell's Strategically Aligned Businesses, Product Groups, Services and Sales organization
- Work with Marketing and Corporate communications on defining our market message for the Dell Technologies and Dell EMC business and the initiatives developed
Roadmap and business case
- Assist with defining Dell's long roadmaps for products, services and solution offerings in the Enterprise market. Work with the internal stakeholders to validate the offers
- Produce the financial business cases that support the roadmap decisions
- Determine who and how we'd bring the proposed solutions to market
- Proven experience architecting, gaining program approval, and driving implementation of complex transformational/operational programs in a large corporate setting
- 10-15+ years of experience in the tech sector:
- Business Operations
- Sales Operations
- Product Planning/Management
- Strategic analysis and business modeling skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.