Customer Success Executive - Dell Technologies Select
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R025561 Date posted Jul. 25, 2019
Dell Technologies Select – Customer Success Executive
Dell Technologies Select is chartered to maximize Dell Technologies value to capture a unified approach and strategy incorporating a Dell Technologies transformational selling motion. Dell Technologies Select serves the largest customers with global complexity to include transformation opportunities through a premium and unified plan. The Dell Technologies experience strives to:
- Become a trusted advisor, making it easier to interface with Dell Technologies
- Define multi-year architectures for the customer, in order to drive transformation
- Maximize value capture to realize the full potential of our customers via transformation
Each Dell Technologies Select customer maintains an exclusive relationship with an additional level of dedicated executive collaboration and expert resources in business and IT strategy to help them lead and execute Digital, IT, Workforce and Security transformation programs that achieve their specific priority outcomes.
The Customer Success Executive (CSE) role is a highly visible, strategic leadership role within the Chief Customer Office’s Customer Success organization working with our Dell Technologies Select customers. The successful leader will directly impact their customers and partners who have purchased Dell Technologies solutions and will provide strategic insights to cross functional stakeholders.
The CSE will be accountable for ensuring their customers successfully adopt and realize value from solutions and services provided by Dell Technologies Strategically Aligned Businesses. This includes developing and executing the strategy that will accelerate the time it takes for customers to achieve their stated business outcomes. This leader will ensure the execution of consistent global standards while optimizing them for their customer.
The CSE will be responsible for providing a seamless customer experience while reporting results, creating and delivering customer success plans to key stakeholders and ensuring support and alignment across the leadership team. The CSE will ensure that the Customer Success team is working collaboratively and providing executive communications to their customers and Dell Technologies overall.
The CSE will develop relationships with their customers Senior Leadership and the extended Dell Technologies Select Strategically Aligned Businesses account team members in achieving their goals. Additionally, the CSE will:
- Set the overall vision and strategic Success Plan for their customer
- Deeply understand the customers business goals, environment, pain points and operational maturity
- Build and nurture strong customer executive relationships to develop a holistic and deep view of immediate needs and current programs
- Help the customer accelerate through the value lifecycle to realize their expected outcomes
- Ensure their customers realize value from purchased Dell Technologies products and services
- Provide customer insights based on strong knowledge of best practices for architecture, implementation, adoption and migrations
- Provide post-sales orchestration of all company wide and partner resources to provide a unified path to Customer Success
- Develop and deliver Quarterly Success Reviews
- Serve as a team leader of Dell Technologies resources for all customer experience activities from onboarding to value realization serving as the customer champion
- Ensure the strategy and direction is integrated within the overall account team sales plan goals
- Implement Success Strategy across the account leveraging partners as appropriate
- Advocate innovation and effectively lead through change
- Serve as the lead spokesperson and ambassador for Customer Success
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive operational excellence in customer and/or partner engagement
- Provide detailed and documented requirements to cross functional teams that improve the impact of the customer experience
- Provide bi-weekly metric reports including integrated results across Strategically Aligned Businesses
- Customer Success Planning
- Partner with CEs to engage with customer executives to understand their desired business outcomes, technical and organizational environment and current challenges with Dell Technologies
- Create a baseline Customer Success plan addressing their needs in a proactive manner while measuring our progress
- Deliver onboarding activities that focus on areas requiring critical support in an overall effort to prevent “Revenue at Risk” and “Remediation Funding”
- Provide a “Closed Loop” process that identifies systemic trends, engages business owners, develops plans and drives actions to prevent future problems
- Focus on activities to increase the overall customer NPS
- Critical Account Program
- Provide the highest level of escalation across our SABs doing "whatever it takes" to drive resolution on critical problems when normal escalations are no longer meeting the customers' expectations
- Provide an unencumbered and empowered CSE resource to influence outcomes for our customers and change the way they view Dell Technologies
- Provide superior escalation expertise and ownership in solving the most critical problems that no one else could while working directly with our customer Executives
- Provide program management for critical issues impacting customer satisfaction across our SABs allowing the account teams to focus on selling
- Effectively communicate critical issue status up through CxO levels within Dell Technologies and customers
- Dell Technologies Select ENGAGE Program
- Coordinate interactions and program activities between the Dell Technologies Select Client Executive teams and the Chief Customer Office organizations including but not limited to the following programs: Voice of the Customer, Executive Sponsor, Strategic Executive Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, Ease of Doing Business.
- Strategic, self-driven thinker who can develop/implement a Go-To-Market strategy across all stages of the customer lifecycle and is skilled at driving continued process improvements
- Ability to work independently as well as leveraging full team and cross functional resources to ensure successful customer experience at each interaction
- Prior success with understanding quantitative customer metrics – health scores, NPS/CSAT – to tailor interactions and drive actionable next steps to ensure customer adoption and renewal
- A customer-obsessed mindset with a strong grasp of relevant success stories, customer KPIs, and best practices to drive superior outcomes
- Strong relationship builder with a focus on aligning and collaborating with key stakeholders including but not limited to: Business Unit Executives, Sales Executives, Delivery Executives, CCO Executives, Consulting Executives and Partner Executives to drive an integrated, consistent customer-centric approach
- Prior experience in technology partner or sales management with 10+ years’ experience in leading customer-facing organizations
- Prior experience within a Customer Advocacy or Customer Success organization providing direct customer/partner and field sales support activities
- Proven experience in analysis and setting of monthly and annual goals for key customer experience performance drivers
- Proven track record of delivering results above expectations
- Good understanding of end-to-end customer interactions from prospect to orders to fulfillment to product usage to renewal/upgrade to support and services
- Experience with Tools and Reporting to measure and evaluate the overall Customer Experience
- A self-starter, motivated individual who works well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment
- Ability to operate in both a strategic and detailed manner, while accommodating for global level concerns
- Ability to drive collaboration with functional and technical teams to achieve effective solutions
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management, including the ability to influence at the executive level
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation and consensus building
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue and growth
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Strategic and visionary thinker with extensive program management experience to drive cross functional improvement programs
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% of the time worldwide and within country
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Dell Technologies Select and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to champion great customer experiences at a global organization, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.