Corporate Reputation Public Relations Lead
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R045890 Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Corporate Reputation Public Relations Lead on our Public Relations team in Hopkinton, MA.
Dell has a huge amount to say – on technology, on innovation, on business, on human progress and our Corporate Communications team makes sure those messages are heard. They are responsible for developing and driving global and regional communication strategies and delivering marketing services. Their expertise shapes the way Dell is seen – enhancing our reputation, brand and valuation on the global stage. Crucially, they enable us to build productive, positive and transformative relationships with colleagues, customers and the media.
Dell Technologies is seeking a Public Relations Lead to manage key initiatives for the company’s corporate reputation program and to manage the company’s quarterly messaging updates and global spokesperson online community and engagement.The successful candidate will have both local Boston business and technology media relationships and experience, excellent storytelling, and some subject matter expertise. The person will develop strategic relationships internally and externally that ultimately enhance Dell Technologies’ reputation.
- Key contributor to the company’s Corporate Reputation program, with specific emphasis on elevating local Massachusetts visibility and perception
- Help activate the broader communications engine to articulate and amplify breakthrough stories in support of our company’s purpose, values, culture code, vision, policy agenda and strategy
- Ensure Dell’s presence in relevant conversations, and as an engaged participant, within the communities where we live and work
- Work closely with PR agency to craft pitches, manage local media target relationships, activities and events to ultimately engage the local innovation community and extend Dell Technologies’ key narratives
- Manage the company’s quarterly messaging documents and materials to deliver up-to-date facts, information, and messaging to enable consistent global storytelling
- Serve as primary content owner and developer of the company’s internal global spokesperson community; drive global spokesperson training's around manor moments and strategic initiatives
- Manage Top 20 corporate awards program
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience; representation of technology and enterprise focused vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or journalism preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and executive presence skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to operate in matrix organizations and manage multiple projects concurrently; comfortable working with remote colleagues and stakeholders; experience working across disciplines and geographies
- Prior experience with technology, corporate social responsibility, diversity and other corporate reputation initiatives is desired, as is experience with both B2B and B2C external communications
- Understanding topical trends, sensitive issues, and familiarity with top-tier press that cover these areas is strongly desired
- Prior experience managing PR and alignment with broader communications programs across a large organization
- Experienced in partnering with communications and marketing colleagues and outside agencies to drive and enhance business results across highly-matrixed organizations
- Experience helping plan and execute of events
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, resourceful, strategic and a creative thinker
- Proven capability in contributing to a world-class communications function
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.