Consultant Revenue Accounting
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R78119 Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Revenue Accounting Consultant
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. Finance is more than just a support function at Dell – so if you are passionate about what you do, we can offer you exciting possibilities to develop your career as a Revenue Accounting Consultant .
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
- Drive key statutory initiatives which will require the re-engineering of certain processes
- Ensure that he/she is available to work in shifts and flexible with overall coverage for technical support to include weekends
- Coordinate the consolidation of existing external statutory accounting providers
- Review key Statutory accounting processes to ensure standardization and appropriate documentation across legal entities
- Coordinate maintenance of Local GAAP accounting manuals to support statutory accounting process
- Support external auditors during fieldwork
- Keep up to-date with significant changes in accounting policies which could have implications for Statutory accounts
- Fluent English
- Extensive Accounting experience
- Ability to setup or fully redesign a process
- Proven experience in supporting cross-functional teams an advantage
- Strong PC skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- ACCA/SYMA/CIMA certification is an advantage
- Strong accounting skills a must. CPA required
- Self motivated
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong working knowledge or Revenue Accounting
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can keep tight rein on the annual revenues of a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell. Apply now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.