Competitive Intelligence, Solutions SME Consultant
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R87387 Date posted Jan. 18, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Competitive Intelligence, Solutions SME Consultant on our Competitive Intelligence team in Hopkinton, MA, or other remote USA locations.
Your mission will include being an asset to Dell EMC by assisting sales to close business, creating compelling competitive messaging, & making the Competitive Intelligence Team the best team at Dell EMC. This position is focused around Dell EMC solutions versus the competition.
Object. This role will be focused on Pure, Netapp, HCI, and HDS as an SME to enable sales to be successful.
- Focused on Dell solutions around Oracle, SAP HANA, & cloud solutions versus the competition. There is currently no history on the team in this space. Must be a self-starter requiring zero micro-management
- Must have experience with solutions such as SAP HANA, cloud, and Oracle RAC.
- Present in front of medium to large crowds effectively
- Have a deep sales acumen
- Want to go places within Dell EMC
- Be a rock star
- Be an industry thought leader in the competitive space
- Build, present, and promote the team & content
- Share directly with customers, partners and the field. Train others on how to leverage this messaging and details to win more deals; train the Trainor
- Leverage your customer, partner and competitive insight, experience and relationships to craft and deliver high impact messaging that highlights our value vs the rest of the market
- Work with well with the rest of the ISG competitive team: Other Competitor SME’s, Marketing and field sales and presales to drive the highest impact, product and use cases based, competitive messaging vs the competition
- Share your industry knowledge and competitive insight with anyone who needs assistance
- Build consultative status relationships with field sales & presales, Specialty Sales, Product Group, Marketing and others globally to drive Storage and Data Protection to new heights
- Be an active participating member of competitive communications both internal and external
- Assist and enable Specialty and field sales account teams to create strategic competitive take out plans, work with account teams and customers to help win Strategic and highly competitive deals
- Drive, Assist and Enable where needed using your experience, competitive knowledge and understanding of the value Dell EMC solutions
- Assist and enable with Executive Briefing Center (EBC) presentations, customer and partner events on a quarterly basis
- 6+ years of Storage sales or presales experience working for Pure, NetApp, HPE or Dell EMC directly, or a Partner who resold these vendors
- Experience with software, hardware, data de-duplication, applications knowledge, cloud and virtualization platforms a plus
- A strong understanding of Dell EMC Storage, CI, HCI, and Data Protection strategies, protocols, and technologies
- Understanding of Dell EMC primary storage (Block and File) solutions, use cases and associated software titles often used with Replication and BC/DR configurations
- Understanding of virtualization products, trends, and how customers use them
- VMWare, AHV, etc
- Strong insight and general knowledge in emerging technologies and why they are being looked at from a customer perspective
- Understanding of competitive storage and data protection offerings and how Dell EMC differentiates from the likes of Pure, NetApp, IBM, HDS, Huawei, HPE, Veritas, CVLT, IBM, Veeam, Rubrik, Cohesity and other competitors
- Industry speaking knowledge and experiences
- Dell EMC Customer Forums, Executive Briefings, Field Briefings, Industry publications, Dell EMC or Partner Vendor Groups, etc.
- Travel Requirements – up to 50%
- Not a quota carrying role
- 8+ years in a similar role or field
- Bachelor's Degree is required
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.