Citrix Horizon Engineer
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - Massachusetts, United States;Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - Ohio, United States;Remote - Tennessee, United States;Remote - Texas, United StatesJob ID R041344 Date posted Oct. 22, 2019
Citrix \ Horizon Presentation Engineer
Location: Remote US
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our IT Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
- Installing and managing the application deployment platforms that serve production, reporting, disaster recovery, training, and non-production.
- Understands performance metrics, monitoring systems performance, and troubleshooting issues.
- Assisting in the configuration and troubleshooting of integrated third party software and peripherals.
- Applying platform and Epic upgrades and updates to production and non-production environments.
- Responding to emergency and after hours issues.
- Engaging in capacity planning exercises to ensure adequate system resources.
- Participate in a change control process for all planned application and technical activities.
Must Have Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional Microsoft Windows Server Administration
- Recent experience with configuration and troubleshooting of integrated thrid party software
- Expertise in application deployment platforms such as Citrix XenApp, and VMWare Horizon RDSH
- Experience in the vSphere hypervisor platform
- Working knowledge of network protocols and functionality including TCP/IP, Active Directory, Domain Name Services, FTP/SCP, HTTP, and Load Balancers (Netscaler\F5)
- Experience working in a Healthcare environment using Epic software
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to lead the way in IT architecture development, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.