Business Operations Analyst
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R79445 Date posted Nov. 27, 2018
Consultant Business Operations Analyst
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
The Business Operations Analyst works with the product management team to identify, develop, and analyze a wide variety of information to manage product development. This includes designing and managing key performance metrics, product requirements, reporting requirements and business goals. The role requires to perform comprehensive market, competitive, l operational and financial analyses to make recommendations. Projects cover diverse problems requiring strong business acumen, financial skills and execution capabilities.
The focus of this role is accelerate growth, improving performance, enhancing customer experience, and driving stronger financial results.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain Product Requirements using standard templates in collaboration with Product Manager and other cross organizational team members. Ensure they are stored in appropriate content management or project systems.
- Create and maintain Product Business cases in collaboration with Product Managers, Business Unit Managers, and other cross organizational stakeholders including but not limited to Sales, Operations, Global Services, finance and Engineering.
- Build revenue, cost and capital investment projection with appropriate assumptions including pricing, volume, Bill of Materials (BOM), build costs, sales plans and sales costs. Provides business case review and executive communication support as needed.
- Acts as a Business Partner for assigned Directors, Program Manager, and Product Managers providing specialized analysis to support the decision-making process. Performs analysis on key metrics and statistics that drive business decisions.
- Analyzes processes within the supported organizations and provides recommendations for improvement. Drives approval of the recommendations and prioritization of the resulting initiatives.
- Organize and participates in select strategic discussions providing necessary input and analysis around business intelligence.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to other analysts and other duties as required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of recent experience as a Business Operations Analyst
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.). Working knowledge of Aha! A plus
- Ability to work independently at a high productivity level and to work productively in a face paced, challenging environment
- Excellent (written and spoken) communication skills to articulate clearly across diverse and challenging user groups.
- Skilled at tailoring communications to audience and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization
- Track record of delivering work according to agreed up on plans and timelines
- Ability to identify issues or risks that require resolution to avoid delays or blocks
- Comfortable of planning & facilitating a Product Requirements g meeting with agenda, discussion material and published minutes
- Experience developing business models, pricing and finance models, as well as, business cases including detailed cash flow projection, NPV and IRR
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Advanced Degrees preferred)
PREFERRED SKILLS TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Skills to analyze information and draw implications
- Working knowledge of SAP, SAP HANA, SAP BW, SAP Data Warehouse is a plus
- Mentoring/Coaching skills a plus
- Consulting experience a plus
- Experience working on technical projects in areas of virtualization, networking, infrastructure, databases, and security is a plus
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.