Agile Technical Program Manager - Scrum Master
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R044134 Date posted Nov. 04, 2019
Agile Technical Program Manager/Scrum Master
Location: Hopkinton, MA
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are seeking an Agile Technical Program Manager/Scrum Master to join the Product & Application Security team. In this role, you will drive our various security projects/tasks to deliver highest quality outcomes via incremental delivery and scrum methodology. You will organize the current backlog, align stories and create useful, reliable and practical plans for projects, as well as facilitate scrum, sprint planning, and meetings, and forecast the number of deliverables possible in an iteration and quarterly. You will be responsible for coaching and training team on Program Management, Roadmaps, and Scrum and Agile methodology. You will be tracking the team’s work and provide status reporting, remove roadblocks and work with management to prioritize tasks.
The ideal candidate will have a start-up mentality that can help the team move quickly with focus. This person will be technology-minded, solution-oriented, passionate about building strong adaptable processes, and able to deliver consistent results which drive the success of the Product & Application Security team.
- Organize and facilitate backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily standups and retrospectives across closely coupled but geographically distributed teams
- Maintain a sprint and quarterly release plan, release trajectory, and release burn-down, based on capacity and velocity predictions
- Assist Management with planning and grooming activities; maintain integrity, hygiene, and accuracy of backlog
- Manage changes to approved roadmap projects to determine feasibility of new work; determine schedule and resource impacts based on the asks of the business
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Ensure the team is practicing Agile values, practices, and principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Organize and facilitate meetings, reviews, estimation, retrospectives, release planning, demos, burndown tracking and other scrum-related meetings
- Identify and take charge in removing internal and external impediments so that the team can deliver continuously
- Resolve conflicts via various modes of communication such as meetings, emails and persistent chat
- Manage and keep on track multiple projects simultaneously providing visibility of status and issues to senior management
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- Promote continuous team improvement, measure the team, and help the team and individuals measure themselves
- Leverage JIRA, Confluence, and other communication tools to carry out day-to-day activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Risk Management, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years’ experience in software engineering, coaching and training teams on Scrum and Agile methodology, Project/Program management including managing multiple projects
- Experience in managing software development projects in a fast-moving environment
- Understanding of software development lifecycle; experience and/or understanding of continuous delivery models and DevOps
- Experience in one or more software development roles such as architecture, design, development, test, configuration management or quality assurance
- Ability to prioritize projects, tasks and deliverables and manage dynamic priorities
- Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with technical teams as well as business leaders
- Able to influence and persuade without direct reporting authority
- Certification such as Certified Scum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Developer (CSD), or Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner (LeSS)
- Experience in product security and incident management processes
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you are ready to take ownership of ambitious and ground-breaking technical programs, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.