Agile Product Owner
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R035098 Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
Agile Product Owner
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Agile Product Owner on our Business Systems Analyst team in Hopkinton, MA.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Agile Product Owner to gather feature requests, prioritize backlog with highest value functionality first, and provide input into our product roadmap and release plans. Our portfolio deploys the latest in Internet of Things (IoT) technology on VMware, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and Pivotal Container Service to connect the enterprise products sold by Dell Technologies to our corporate systems. This functionality enables real time interaction with our products ranging from sending alerts and collecting log files to remotely servicing the products enabling our best in class supportorganization to stay at the top of the market and be a differentiator in sales discussions.
Our team is focused on driving end to end collaboration into the development process by establishing a partnership between our development team and business stakeholders; you can expect to be part of a rapidly growing and changing organization, which is constantly self-reflecting and adjusting how we work to achieve success.
If you’re skilled in translating business needs into technical solutions, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
- Collaborate with business team to define, refine, and prioritize features and requirements
- Incorporate feature requests into product roadmap by collaborating with release management
- Create / maintain user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Oversee acceptance testing to approve or reject functionality at the end of a sprint
- Oversee progress of work throughout sprints and provide ongoing answers to team questions while they are doing the work
- Collaborate with architecture team to implement architectural vision and security standards in relation to the features being requested by the business
- Work with the scrum team to build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Manage stakeholder expectations by messaging out to multiple business units and the development team
- Product Owner Certification required
- Experience as a Product Owner for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum framework, practices, and theory to include the ability to communicate technical concepts to business team members and business concepts to scrum team members
- Experience writing requirements as a Product Owner, Business Systems Analyst, or Product Manager for at least five years to include understanding of different methods of gathering and documenting requirements (User Story Mapping, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Mapping, Wireframes, Flowcharts, Mind Maps, System Context Diagrams, etc.)
- Proven experience in working with development teams to write user stories and features that are consumable within a single sprint
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) required preferably in a technical field such as Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience as a developer or systems analyst in Agile methodology projects, especially a team that was diligently applying Scrum framework, principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, FDD, etc.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by our team (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Java, Spring Boot, SUSE Linux operating system, Docker, Kubernetes)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.