Associate System Engineer
Hong Kong, Hong KongJob ID R40391 Date posted May. 24, 2018
Associate System Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Associate System Engineer on our Infrastructure Solution Group team in Hong Kong.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- This position defines the overall IT solution for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
- Prepares detailed product specifications for the purpose of selling high end product and solutions.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with 2-3 years of Presales experience or 3-4 years Professional IT experience
- You have general knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Operations and may even have some knowledge of EMC storage technology & products.
- The ideal candidate will have great potential and desire to learn, coupled with experience in infrastructure, applications, software, and/or services. Working knowledge of cloud models including virtualization, converged infrastructure, and public offerings is a plus.
- Strong negotiation skills to achieve desired results/meet customer needs
- Able to explain where enterprise/client products and services fit into customer’s IT structure
- Has strong knowledge of our business model and can articulate the impact and advantages to the customer
- Has fact-based industry knowledge
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.