System Architect (Trident, Herzliya)
Herzliya, IsraelJob ID R96073 Date posted Mar. 19, 2019
Trident develops a new class of storage solution based on groundbreaking innovation in primary storage design. Leveraging Solid State Drive (SSD) technology, we re-architect storage to deliver unprecedented value in performance, economics, operations, and data management efficiencies, addressing major pain points in high growth Enterprise IT markets.
Trident is a Dell EMC company, led by a team of experienced professionals and entrepreneurs with a highly successful industry track record. The company’s R&D is headquartered in Herzlia, Israel, and Hopkinton MA.
The System architect in Trident will be a part of a team designing the Trident system from all aspects.
We are looking for candidates capable of leading and specifying system design and specifications to address the system’s complex management, control and data aspects, coping with a distributed scalable highly available storage system.
· Breakdown of product-management requirements
· Interact with the management, control and data-path teams to assess the system requirements needed to fulfil product needs.
· Definition of storage-system operational procedure, diagnostics, HA mechanisms while maintaining system’s high availability and performance scale
· Initiate features to improve product resilience and availability.
Required skill set:
· At least 5 years’ experience as software engineer, combining excellent software engineering skills, system-level perspective, and high level design capabilities
· At least 3 years’ experience in system design and authoring specifications, system architecture and/or interface object models
· Knowledge of block-level Storage / storage networking protocols / file systems – an advantage
· Knowledge of operational support system design (OSS) – an advantage
· Understanding of Linux operating system – an advantage
· Fast learner, brilliant, creative, “hands-on”, team-player
· Ability to interact and collaborate with highly technical engineering teams
· Ability of matrix leadership
· Self-starter, enthusiastic proactive mindset.
· Relevant academic credentials (CS/ CE / EE), preferably with honors