Field Support Engineer
Herzliya, IsraelJob ID R042032 Date posted Nov. 19, 2019
Expert knowledge of Storage hardware (including Fibre channel, ISCSI, FCoE, basic knowledge of HPCC and Infinibandetc.)Field Support Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Field Technical Engineer on our Field Service team in Herzilya, Israel.
From hardware and software to networking products and operating systems, Dell delivers technology that drives human progress. Field Support is where it all comes together. Taking our technical skills to customer sites, we’re responsible for everything from installation, configuration and integration, through to maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. As well as specializing in Dell products, we’re ready to get to grips with systems solutions that integrate our tech with that of other manufacturers. Customers see us as a trusted liaison who can understand their precise needs on a host of admin and technical matters. We also work closely with our designers, solution managers and sales specialists to solve solution problems.
- Proactive Escalation avoidance for Israel, through proactive case reviews, attending proactive RM / TSM conference calls, regular attendance to the BU & proactive site visits
- Provides timely response to customer escalations utilizing all Dell EMC resources necessary to quickly and accurately diagnose, troubleshoot and repair customer’s servers/storage/Network with appropriate notification to all stakeholders
- Actively supports the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution keeping customer informed throughout life of incident
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting customer’s environment, utilizing Dell diagnostic tools and necessary support staff (SME, SST, IPS, etc.)
- Clearly and concisely logs and tracks details of solutions provided to resolve customer issue maintaining and updating the case management tool to ensure customer information is current and accurate
- Performs required case management functions as related to assigned RM / TSM including the written summaries of outcome(s)
- Attends required technical training sessions and makes effective use of assigned lab time
- Ability to perform on-call duties using a pager/mobile during evenings and/or weekends on a rotating schedule
- Strengthens Subject Matter Expertise on entire Dell EMC Compute/Storage/Network products by attending required technical training sessions as well as leading training sessions for these products
- Extensive travel to customer sites within your region to resolve Enterprise escalations
- Professional Networking Certification required e.g. CCNA or preferably CCNP in addition to Professional certification in Virtualization
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting complex network infrastructures
- Practical knowledge of network and storage area network performance optimization
- Expert knowledge of networking (including WAN topology, mixed LAN/WAN operating system environments, DNS/WINS/DHCP, firewall solutions)
- Expert knowledge of at least 4 of the following: VC Rail, Unity / Compellent, RedHat Linux, Windows 2008 R2/2012, Oracle, Exchange, SQL, Clustering
- Expert knowledge of server hardware (including SCSI, RAID and I/O topology)
- Expert knowledge of Storage hardware (including Fibre channel, ISCSI, FCoE, basic knowledge of HPCC and Infinibandetc.)
- Proven track record in managing multiple escalations with effective follow-up/follow-through and timely documentation
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re equally at home with installation and problem solving, and you’d relish the chance to represent us to customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 19/02/20
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.