DevOps Software Developer
Herzliya, IsraelJob ID R76010 Date posted May. 23, 2019
DevOps Software developer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a DevOps developer on our Software Engineering Group team in Glil Yam.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
We are looking for a “Hands on” team member that will work as a software developer in SW infrastructure & configuration manager in a complex development environment(s) and writing code/scripts/make , Jenkins files/build configurations.
The job includes support in multiplatform, multi version products, in large scale version control tools.
The job required a deep understanding, tracking and controlling changes of multi-component SW product(s).
The job also required a strong system understanding and working with CI process multi-site infrastructure . Communication and coordination of multiple interfaces.
- Work closely with development team on GIT/Github and CI issues
- Hands on in coding Gradle build system , C-Make , other build managers , scripting development in python/Groovy/Java or any other language, knowledge in make or other build systems tools
- Innovate and raise new areas where the team can contribute significantly to development process and product lifecycle
- Responsible for GIT/Artifactory/Github/Gradle/Jenkins and other R&D infrastructure SW.
- At least 3 years of experience as a software developer
- At least 3 years Deep knowledge and hands on with GIT and Gerrit/Github/other
- At least 3 years Development in python ,Jenkins pipeline ,groovy ,Gerrit plugins
- Must have knowledge in CI process and Jenkins environment
- Knowledge of Artifactory – advantage
- Fast learner, brilliant, creative, “hands-on”, team-player
- Relevant academic credentials (CS/ CE / EE / Math or other exact science), preferably with honors
- Ability to interact and collaborate with highly technical SW engineering teams
- Independent, Self starter, enthusiastic proactive mindset
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.