Herzliya, IsraelJob ID R037583 Date posted Oct. 06, 2019
Senior DevOps Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior DevOps Engineer on our Engineering team in Herzliya, Israel.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Dell-EMC is looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer who will play an important role in creating world-leading data-protection software products. You will be part of a skilled DevOps team, who is managing the build-and-release environment, including all related automation tools and scripts.
The nature of this team and the tasks it handles will put you in direct contact with the whole development group, while implementing an agile workflow.
- Develop automation code to deploy and maintain systems and applications that run and monitor product services in public cloud.
- Help drive and solve problems impacting mission critical systems and implement automation to prevent reoccurrence.
- Work as part of the engineering team to build and support the continuous integration and deployment
- Collaborate with other development and operations team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Maintain an accurate picture of existing server, storage, networking software and hardware and virtual environments to support scaling against various project requirements.
- Experience with supporting virtualized production environment.
- Knowledge of major cloud providers such as MS Azure and AWS including a managed services and cloud infrastructure solutions supporting container managed microservices architecture.
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Chef, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible etc) is desirable.
- solid understanding of CI and CD and tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory or alike.
- knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and computer networking.
- Be familiar with scripting languages such as shell, powershell, python, groovy.
- experience in designing, building and managing Linux/Unix-based systems.
- Deep troubleshooting skills that involves analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Passion for technology.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.