Staff Technical Support Engineer
,Heredia,Costa Rica, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1913413 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Are you're looking to be a leader in a dynamic and growing environment? If so, this role is for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with other support engineers, sales engineers and customers to understand customer network configurations and problems that they may be facing or simply answering technical inquiries about NSX SD-WAN products. You will use your expert knowledge of Linux, APIs and MYSQL to establish root cause of customer issues. Customers may range from large enterprises to multinational telco service providers.
Sometimes this may involve raising the issue internally and keeping open communication with partners about the progress. You will engage customers via email and phone and provide timely and accurate information. One key objective would be to provide immediate solution/workaround and guide customers until the issue can be resolved.
- Prior experience working in a Support/Technical Assistance Center (TAC) team
- Linux and shell scripting skills such as log reading and performance testing high desired.
- Networking knowledge preferred (HTTP, TCP, IP, subnetting)
- Experience supporting a cloud service
- General familiarity with concepts like multi-tenancy, password management, common access issues that customers might have with a cloud service
- Experience with REST apis, swagger and JSON
- Experience using / building REST clients (curl, postman, python)
- Basic understanding of MySQL
- Experience debugging web applications using browser developer tools (e.g. console, network request log, debugger, etc.);
- Debug / troubleshoot the customer’s environment, collect additional information about the problem and resolve network performance issues
- Quickly assess and understand customers issues and business impact
- Ability to reproduce customer reported issues in the lab environment, work with development and QA to verify and fixes before they are rolled out to our customers
In addition to the above, excellent presentation and communications skills combined with the passion to work in a team environment are key attributes for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.