Senior Project Manager
Hamburg, GermanyJob ID R1907602-2 Date posted Jun. 12, 2019
Why work for VMware PSO?
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The VMware Project Manager helps our customers to transform their businesses through the adoption of state-of-the-art VMware solutions. The highly talented and experienced VMware PSO Team takes ownership of all technical aspects of customer delivery from the initial gathering of requirements to implementing and testing a solution that meets the customer’s needs. Through close collaboration with pre-sales, product management and engineering, this team builds long term internal and external contacts, ensuring success in our customer’s adoption of VMware’s industry leading solutions.
We are dedicated to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with an enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in your area of interest. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced customer facing hands on Project Manager to join our growing project delivery practice, focusing on complex Cloud and Mobility projects. The role will largely focus on complex projects, or on multiple projects, up to 2 million Euro services value. You will have significant experience in handling Cloud, Infrastructure or Virtualization types of engagements, and will be highly proficient in change management, and owning the scope of projects. You will also be used to running virtual teams and will come from a background where the focus will have been on technology oriented projects. The Project Manager supports the Engagement Manager in the areas of delivery engagement quality, revenue forecasting and customer happiness.
- You will run one or more projects with a combined value of up to €2 million
- You will lead the delivery of engagements within the constraints of schedule, scope, features/functionality, and budget
- You will provide project oversight, leadership, and customer relationship management
- You will monitor and reporting on all aspects of their projects including progress, project profitability, forecasted hours, risks, communications and critical issues
- You will maintain a high level technical knowledge of the VMware Cloud and Mobility software stack. (We will provide full training and enablement)
- You will work with the Resource Managers to ensure that your projects have the best people with the right skills and at the right time
- Contribute to development and maintenance of VMware PMO standards, processes, and standard methodologies
- Stay current on VMware services and solution offerings
- Fluent German & English language skills
- Considerable experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with an IT software, management consulting, or "Big 5" consulting organization
- Validated medium and large scale project management experience of external customers
- Shown experience of successfully handling and leading multiple projects
- Able to write credible documentation and confident with calculating costs and margins
- Intimate knowledge of change management, risk management, setting up and initiating projects
- Has a technical appreciation and is "hands on"
- The ability to get on with all levels of people and be a good influencer
- Use of formal project management tools (e.g. MS-Project, Visio, Smartsheets, JIRA, etc.)
- Strong analytical as well as organizational skills with an ability to handle competing client demands
- Project management certification (GPM/PMI/PRINCE2 or equivalent)
- Scrum master certification or similar hands-on experience
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience managing/leading projects involving the deployment of core VMware virtualization products
- Previous experience in a client facing consulting role delivering virtualization services
- Bachelors or Masters Degree or equivalent training /experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.