Software Engineer - Java Developer (VxFlex OS, Formerly ScaleIO, Haifa/ Glil Yam)
Haifa, Israel, Herzliya, IsraelJob ID R94294 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019
Software Engineer - Java Developer (VxFlex OS, Formerly ScaleIO, Haifa/Glil Yam)
Haifa/ Glil Yam
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Java software engineer on our management team in Haifa/ Glil Yam.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- You will take part in the architecture, design and implementation of ScaleIO’s next generation, large-scale, distributed management system.
- You will be working in a start-up mode within the comfort of a big company, designing new systems from scratch while acquiring lots of valuable knowledge in the cloud space.
- You will work on big data processing and target a virtualized environment with cloud related aspects such as multi-tenancy, high availability, agility, security and more. The challenge is to build efficiently for a cloud/service provider scale.
- A degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering from a well-regarded university - a must
- Experienced engineer as a hands-on software developer writing in Java/C# or C++ for multi-threaded and distributed environments - a must.
- Ability to write efficient and optimized code for achieving the highest performance.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.