Technician, Technical Support
Gurgaon, IndiaJob ID R72632 Date posted Oct. 06, 2018
Job Title: Technician, Technical Support
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Associate, Client Tech Support on our Client Tech Support team in Gurgaon.
Dell's world-class customer service doesn’t end when a client purchases our innovative products. Our Client Tech Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Responsible for providing telephone/email/chat, online, social media and remote diagnostic technical support of desktops, portables, peripherals (e.g., printers, projectors, etc.) and software
- Responsible for providing telephone support for customers on operation or maintenance of Dell products.
- Assist phone customers by diagnosing problems, and providing resolutions for technical and service issues.
- Responsible for Out of warranty & In warranty extension sales.
- Performs work in accordance to standardized policies and procedures.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures.
- Documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation.
- Ensure proper escalation procedures are followed.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction through effective handling of customer problems.
- Work requires strong analytical ability to resolve complex technical issues in addition to effective phone communication skills.
- 0 to 4 years of relevant work experience required.
- Undergrad with 1 year of International Call Center Voice experience
- Should be willing to work in shifts in a 24 x7 work environment
- Should be residing within Transport Boundaries
- Excellent telephone soft skills & thorough telephone functional skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to deal professionally with irate customers.
- Good Knowledge of PC Hardware/Software for desktop & portable systems
- Any relevant Certification/Technical Qualification
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to help customers get the best from truly ground-breaking technology, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.