Technician, Technical Support
Gurgaon, IndiaJob ID R75829 Date posted May. 16, 2019
Job Title: Technician, Technical Support
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technician, Technical Support on our Technical Support team in Gurgaon.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Technical Support Technician provides remote technical support expertise (via telephone, web or e-mail) in a complex information infrastructure environment with the need to integrate Dell Technology products and systems with other Dell Technology and non-Dell Technology computer systems being operated by customers. He or she has the ability to convey sophisticated ongoing technical system support is critical to, and an essential component of, both Dell Technology's business operations and the business operations of Dell Technology customers.
- Solves moderately complex customer issues on any product.
- Provides first- or second-level support in the inbound or outbound contact center.
- Prioritizes work based on time and complexity requirements. Exercises sensitivity to due process and proper pacing.
- Routes customers when appropriate to proper support queues.
- May identify opportunities for process improvements that contribute to the achievement of business metric goals.
- Solves problems consistently and completely with minimum supervision.
- Partners with team members to obtain resolutions to complex technical issues.
- First point of contact for customer escalations.
- Performs quality audits.
- Applies introductory knowledge of servers and networks to field non-critical incidents, problems and recurring requests received from enterprise level customers by following documented Standard Operating procedures.
- Prioritizes daily activities based on complexity
- and escalates the issues to next level
- Solves basic problems for customers and
- attempts to resolve more complex issues
- Understands support technologies
- Fluent communication skills
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of job associated database, software and documentation
- Problem solving skills
- Results driven
- Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Typically requires 1+ years of related experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to help customers get the best from truly ground-breaking technology, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.