Engineer 1, Service Delivery
Gurgaon, IndiaJob ID R035118 Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
Job Title: Service Delivery Engineer 1
Work Location: Gurgaon
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work for Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
The Hardware - Asset Management Analyst will support the day to day activities of a cross-functional team to deliver ITAM Services for one or more Dell Managed Services customers. The role will require prior experience in IT Asset Management – ITAM and the functions that support asset lifecycle management. The responsibilities of this customer facing position include:
- Identify areas for ITAM to add value and ROI
- Effective communication with all stakeholders towards the goal of maximizing Customer Experience
- Ensure the accurate collection, storage, and maintenance of data on all in-scope devices in the asset repository
- Track assets throughout their lifecycle, with special focus on missing and off network assets
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of lifecycle data relating to program assets and the asset tracking system
- Track lease and warranty data in support of refresh as well as end of life processes and projects
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies to maintain integrity of asset data
- Manage preparation and distribution of pre-defined and ad-hoc reports
- Identify and report on potential issues with the asset tracking tool, supporting systems and inputs
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate a working understanding of hardware asset management, policies, procedures and ITAM best practices
- Ability to function within a global organization with a matrix leadership model
- Strong analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with the objective of delivering a positive customer experience
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Prior Hardware IT Asset Management experience
- Moderate to Advanced experience using MS Excel, Access, SQL and similar tools
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and present results to business leaders
- The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Open to work in night shifts(US working hours)
Preferred Skills and Certifications
- 2+ years of related Hardware IT Asset Management experience with a Bachelor’s degree /Master's degree
- IAITAM certifications: Certified Hardware Asset Manager - CHAMP, Certified IT Asset Manager - CITAM
- ITIL v3 or v4
- Experience working in a Managed Services environment
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.