Client Technical Support Graduate Program
Glasgow, United KingdomJob ID R70974 Date posted Oct. 07, 2019
Client Technical Support Graduate Program (10 Month Fixed Term Contract, Feb/March 2020 start)
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as part of our Client Technical Support Graduate Program in our Services team in Glasgow.
Dell's world-class customer service doesn’t end when a client purchases our innovative products. Our Client Tech Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Are you a brilliant problem solver who could provide front-line support for a game-changing, enterprise-wide support service? Do you want to be a hero to Dell's customers by resolving their complex IT issues? Within Dell Services, we are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our remote technical assistance team in Glasgow, to provide telephone and email assistance to our European customers as part of the Dell Global Service Desk.
- Provides first-level technical support on Dell supplied products and/or peripherals and Dell Supplied software and applications
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting customer client systems
- Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify technical defects/issues
- Assumes a proactive role in technical support call avoidance by identifying known problems and documenting resolutions
- Actively supports the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution, keeping the customer informed and updated throughout life of incident
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone and customer handling skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deal professionally with demanding customers
- Ability to learn new products and technologies
- Thorough working knowledge of all software currently shipped with Dell client products with advanced knowledge of legacy operating systems and one of the following legacy operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Thorough working knowledge of PC architecture/technology, Dell supplied applications and Service Procedures
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures and the ability to analyse and determine course of actions based on given guidelines and using troubleshooting skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: 31 December 2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
If you require assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.