Sr Analyst, IT Service Ops (Middleware)
George Town, MalaysiaJob ID R028863 Date posted Aug. 16, 2019
- Supporting the global Dell business users primarily on Manufacturing, Finance, Sales, Marketing & Services applications and other segments across the world.
- Provide operations support and Change Management for Business to Business (B2B) and Middleware Enterprise solutions at Dell.
- Provide support mainly on Incident Management, with involvement on Change Management and Problem Management
- Resolve issue that had been logged through Helpdesk and ensure resolution will meet the SLA.
- Willing to work on-call, on-site & multiple shifts in a 24 X 7 environment.
- Schedule to support the applications and project deployment on weekends, or when required.
- Application Support and maintenance to meet required service level agreement.
- Responsible to provide application functionality that meet the business requirements.
- Work closely with users for timely fix or enhancements and manage product quality with proper tracking.
- Responsible in the planning and performance of system maintenance
- Responsible in the update of support documentation
- Responsible in analyzing and leading re-occurring problems.
- Leading initiatives for the team.
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- The ideal candidate must be able to quickly adapt and change direction, often managing multiple requests at the same
- Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, development teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues.
Technical -> Business Acumen
- Expanding knowledge of related disciplinary areas.
- Broad knowledge within own specialty discipline.
- Deep specialized knowledge in specific aspects of discipline.
- Enhances own knowledge through understanding business trends and objectives.
- Understands and foresees implications of decisions.
- Knowledge of industry and business principles.
- Develops and applies project management techniques.
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/ problems using multiple sources of information.
- Qualitative information
- Quantitative research
- Trend data
- Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Creates new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
- Handles diverse range of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends.
- Develops skills to analyze ambiguous problems.
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
- Works with minimal direction.
- Work is guided by operational and project objectives.- Manages multiple assignments and processes.
- Independently determines approach to project.
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
- Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
- May be responsible for specific programs, customers and/or projects.
- May provide technical guidance or influence the work of others.
- Updates management on project/activity status.
- Contributes to area by ensuring quality of tasks/services provided by self and others.
- Extends capabilities by working closely with senior staff/experts within and outside the internal organization.
- Provides process and policy advice.- Explains assumptions and methodologies.
- Articulates pros and cons of an action in a clear manner.
- Simplifies difficult concepts for non-technical users.
- Regularly interacts with colleagues or customers generally up to senior level management.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field
- Possess 3-5 years’ experience in applications support and/or development
- Strong knowledge in Middleware technologies such as Oracle Weblogic, RabbitMQ, Webservers, Layer 7 API Management, GoldenGate and B2B.
- Linux experience and Shell Scripting is a must.
- Knowledge of EDI, A2A, B2B, EAI, XML, web services, SOA
- IT Infrastructure knowledge
- Good analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, very good command of English and excellent communications are mandatory
- Strong team player with ability to work in a team and as individual contributor
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language)
- Successful track record and demonstrated experience in a leadership role in a highly diverse, global organization.
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm and think clearly in crisis situations
- Ability to react quickly and take appropriate action under pressure
- Must be able to coordinate activities and drive cross functional teams toward issue resolution
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy Professional maturity and excellent business acumen
- Multi-tasking, organization, and planning skills
- Conflict management and resolution skills