Learning & Development Director
George Town, MalaysiaJob ID R70657 Date posted Sep. 25, 2018
Talent & Culture L&D is a global team that aspires to enable our workforce transformation by delivering enterprise wide, strategic, professional and leadership learning solutions that are innovative, relevant and learner centric. We do this by partnering with HRBPs/ODs to help enable the people strategies of the orgs they support and with cross functional L&D orgs to augment the technical, functional solutions they deliver. We stay current and listen to our customers and market trends.
Our learning solutions align to our Culture Code and are part of a broader set of Achievement and Growth solutions aligned to our People Philosophy (A-B-C).
- In addition to T&C L&D, represent and drive awareness of all T&C practice areas in the region (L&D, Career, Performance, Engagement/Culture Code, Exec Solutions).
- Clearly articulate and model the People Philosophy and Culture Code to the business.
- Establish trust and credibility with APJ/India/GC business leaders and act as a consultant to help leaders think through their people development priorities and challenges.
- Be a strong exec presence that is respected, influential and is considered a key part of the APJ/India/GC HR leadership team.
- Develop strong partnerships with APJ/India/GC HRBP leaders, RHR leaders, BU L&D Leaders and key stakeholders.
- Gain a strong understanding of regional people strategies and determine how our T&C global solutions can help achieve their goals or redirect to those who can help.
- Lead the activities involved in the consulting, preparation, delivery and need assessment of global T&C training and development programs.
- Hire, develop and lead a strong team of APJ/India/GC T&C liaisons and facilitators. Ensure they are informed and enabled to effectively support and deliver on commitments.
- We are undergoing exciting transformation, be a positive change leader for our customers, stakeholders and for the APJ/India/GC T&C team. Bring all parties along and help them embrace the change. Be their voice to the T&C LT team and vice versa.
- Excellent communication skills, highly competent presenter, able to gain credibility, engender trust and influence all levels, strong partnering skills, bias for action and tangible results
- Able to identify, select, manage and evaluate external agencies, including vendors to develop programs and materials
- Must be able to conceive, develop and implement training plans of action of worldwide scope
- Organizational skills, including ability to follow assignments through to completion with a bias towards execution
- Typically requires 15+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Typically requires 7+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)