Global Software & Peripheral Operations, Program Manager
George Town, MalaysiaJob ID R029983 Date posted Aug. 16, 2019
Global Software & Peripherals, Program Manager
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Program Manager on our S&P Operations team in Penang.
Innovative projects that deliver cutting edge results do not run themselves. Project and Program Management within Business Support ensure projects run seamlessly, from start to finish. Our team manages projects or leads others managing projects — ensuring cross-functional teams work collaboratively and effectively. We oversee initial plans, set budgets, track project activities and communicate milestones to key stakeholders.
- Execute initiatives that make it quicker & easier to profitably sell more S&P
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive strategic & tactical actions to address S&P Attach initiatives in a timely fashion
- Leverage Business Intelligence data to generate insights and clear action plans to drive S&P Attach
- Communicate regular status updates to SMT & ELT
- Identify, allocate & monitor project resources as necessary to ensure project/program deliverables are met
- Evaluate and recommend techniques and practices that ensure goal achievement
- Influence and manage continuous improvement of project/program process, practices and initiatives
- Strong awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices to meet project/program delivery requirements
Key skills for this role include:
- Proven Ability to lead mid- to large-sized cross functional project teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and present at senior leadership levels
- Ability to manage risk and project decisions
- Proficient in negotiating and conflict management
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly .ppt & .xls)
- Strong communication, problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
Education & Experience
- 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.