FSS Global Controls Advisor
George Town, MalaysiaJob ID R77952 Date posted Nov. 16, 2018
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Internal Audit Advisor on our Finance team in Penang.
We’re a global business – a multi-billion-dollar corporation. To stay strong and secure, it’s vital to have a robust audit and risk assessment of our financial and operational practices. That’s where our Internal Audit professionals come in. Preparing independent audit plans, conducting internal reviews and establishing audit criteria, they ensure full compliance with legislatively mandated initiatives including Sarbanes-Oxley. Auditing the activities of diverse departments, reporting the results to leadership and the Audit committee – and recommending controls if appropriate – this dedicated team makes sure that our organization is a fully compliant success.
As part of FSS Transformation&Governance team within FSS org, the Controls Advisor would work with 3 additional Compliance team members and be primarily responsible for the following:
- Manage internal controls activities for FSS Domains (AP, Credit, Collection, Invoicing)
- Perform FSS Controls self-assessment to identify the need for new controls and checks; subsequently design and implement those checks together with continuous monitoring - CLCA approach
- Conduct regular meetings with FSS team members in all regions when rolling out a new Policy or Process – design&draft the new Policy
- Act as point of contact for External Auditors and Global Audit & Transformational team (“GAT”) on relevant assurance engagements & business initiatives. Coordinate audit engagements across all FSS domains & other stakeholders as needed. Provide regular updates to FSS executives.
- Manage Management Action Plans (“MAPs”) remediation steps ownership between FSS Ops & GAT. Perform coordination role to track, review & report MAPs status to avoid delays. Complete closure documentation reviews and lead discussions with GAT. Assess implications for Management Representation Letter (“MRL”) and key / non-key controls.
- Key liaison for GAT SOX team and external auditors on annual SOX certification process for key controls. Support SOX controls process owners on design updates, narratives / flowcharts reviews, and internal testing.
- Plan & administer internal testing program for non-key controls, particularly involving Credit, Collection, Invoicing. Support control owners on controls design updates, testing & review.
- Play a part in quarterly risk assessment exercise and help drive alignment with key FSS executives. Collaborate with FSS key stakeholders on top risks calibration exercise to develop quarterly FSS controls risk heatmap.
- Support GAT team on relevant corporate risk assessment forums
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
- Background in Internal Controls or Audit
- Good analytical skills. Strong focus on providing business solutions. Comfortable with ambiguity and process / risks oriented
- Experience with Sarbane Oxley (SOX)
- Prior experience in IT industry
- Broad understanding of FSS – Finance Shared Services business model and/or operational systems is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentations). Ability to interact professionally at all levels. Team player.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would relish the challenge of auditing in an organization generating more than 60 billion U.S. dollars, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.