Senior Presales Engineer - Converged Infrastructure
Geneva, SwitzerlandJob ID R99897 Date posted Mar. 13, 2019
Presales Engineer - Converged Infrastructure
Switzerland - Zurich
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Modern Data Center (MDC) begins with IT infrastructure and a fundamental shift from building infrastructure to buying everything possible and building only unique value to your business. Converged Infrastructure reduces the time and the cost of deploying, configuring and managing hardware and software components separately and increases time to value for IT investments. We are investing in people who are as passionate as we are in delivering outstanding value and first class experiences to our customers. If you enjoy the challenge of building a career within a dynamic and evolving global technology organization - bring your ideas, creativity and ambition to MDC. Success happens here and we want you to be a part of it.
The Systems Engineer provides technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. They gather requirements, perform analysis, and design fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on converged infrastructure platforms including virtualization, compute, network, storage, management, orchestration, and application requirements. Systems Engineers are required to make technical and sales presentations to customer’s business decision makers and technical staff with assistance and leadership from the Sales Account Manager.
- Define solutions with MDC sales team to support customer business requirements and future strategies
- Leverage knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to MDC solutions, and train the account and partner teams
- Establish relationships with the MDC and Core parent account teams, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate
- Executes technical sales calls
- Configures and documents MDC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives
- Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed MDC solution and business case to customers, prospects and MDC management
- Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications.
- Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification and/or VMware Certified Professional and/or Cisco Data Centre Unified Computing Design Specialist desired.
- Consultative approach
- Technical account management
- Converged infrastructure
- VMware, Cisco and EMC technologies
- High level business case development
- IT strategy, vision and goals
- Adaptable and flexible, Energy and Positive Attitude
- Time management skills
- Results driven with a sense of urgency
- Communication skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork and Cross-Functional skill
- Customer focused
- Fluent in German
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.