Supply Chain Project / Program Manager
Franklin, MassachusettsJob ID R89566 Date posted Jan. 31, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Program / Project Manager on our Supply Chain team in Hopkinton, MA.
Innovative projects that deliver cutting edge results do not run themselves. Project and Program Management within Business Support ensure projects run seamlessly, from start to finish. Our team manages projects or leads others managing projects — ensuring cross-functional teams work collaboratively and effectively. We oversee initial plans, set budgets, track project activities and communicate milestones to key stakeholders.
Working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, successful candidate will be asked to participate and lead cross-functional teams (internal and external to procurement) in support of initiatives throughout the organization.
- Manage projects, typically from initiation through delivery, cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity to ensure project completion on time and within budget
- Manages projects, or specific activities related to projects within given constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and quality through the duration of the project. Typically responsible for large sized or complex projects and significant components of multiple projects
- Provides subject matter expertise in regards to problem definition / solving, and analytics. Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contributes to organizational goals and strategic intent
- Conducts periodic reviews to ensure project is on track and conducts post-project reviews
- Works across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to expanding the knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for developing strategy analysis and recommendations
- Bachelors and 6+ years of work experience as a program / project manager
- Ability to solve problems and think analytically
- Ability to perform analysis, such as opportunity, risk, cost / benefit, and various pricing models
- Ability to communicate clearly and present at the senior leadership levels
- Ability to manage day-to-day project risk and schedule
- Ability to utilize current project management and data visualization tools
- 2+ years of management consulting experience
- Proficient in negotiating and conflict management
- Proven ability at influencing and driving strategic corporate initiatives across organizations
- Experience building process, governance, and sustainability measures into corporate initiatives
- PMP or LSS (or equivalent) certification
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.