Storage Solution Manager
Franklin, MassachusettsJob ID R36575 Date posted Mar. 20, 2019
Storage Solution Manager
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Storage Solution Manager on our DSME team in Franklin, MA
The DSME Solution Manager is responsible for coordinating the release of new SSD & HDD technologies and features for a Dell EMC business unit. They work closely with product line specific processes and teams, to ensure all DSME-related requirements and dependencies are understood.
- Develop a Technology Release Strategy that records and aligns all critical interdependencies and how they will be managed and resolved.
- Monitor the program for technical challenges or priority changes that may impact the overall schedule, then ensure a re-alignment of deliverables and deadlines.
- Maintain a program status view that summarizes DSME’s contribution to the BU’s risk profile and schedule (stoplight, risks, mitigations, help needed, and next steps).
- Identify and facilitate global geography interlocks among BU, ODMs, Architects, Product Management, SME’s and DSME teams, to ensure a complete understanding of technical requirements, risks, and program interdependencies.
- Give executive updates on the overall release strategy and program status.
- Develop progress reports on feasibility study and pre-qualification activities of high risk SSD & HDD project as required; understands key resources required for project; tracks progress of project plan across multiple organizations and across functions
- Active participant in core team and develops plans and actions
- Active participant in extended team and develops plans and actions
- Give summary level presentations on the overall project (high level technical coverage and market need).
- Host concept reviews on new SSD/HDD programs and early specification gap analysis
- Understand each Server and Storage product line’s process for introducing new DSME technologies and features.
- Brainstorms potential projects; identifies opportunities for improvement and begins the communication process with team members and management
- Complete all duties with minimal guidance or assistance.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) and SharePoint
- Solid understanding of Storage subsystem designs
- Knowledge of SATA, SAS, NVMe protocol
- Solid understanding of drive architectures, the HDD and SSD industries, and the server and storage industries.
- Knows where to get information to complete analyses; integrates available data into a logical and coherent structure for analysis; isolates the problem
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working across geographical and cultural boundaries.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- BSEE/CE/CS and 10+ years of engineering experience or equivalent. Minimum of 5 years of experience qualifying drives for use in enterprise applications.
- Understand the overall architecture and market need for any pursued technology or feature.
- Travel expectation: 10%
- Experience with configuring Storage system in the lab
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to deliver the next generation of hardware, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: Dec 30, 2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.