Principal Systems Development Engineer
Franklin, MassachusettsJob ID R92199 Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
- Validate system design and test functionality of newly developed VxBlock systems/subsystems.
- Verify VxBlock key performance indicators meet design specifications.
- Design and document new test cases within our defined framework to ensure quality of the Vxblock product lines.
- Review and provide corrective feedback for all VxBlock published documentation - Architecture Overviews, Build Guides, Admin Guides, Upgrade Guides.
- Matrixed responsibilities with other Engineering organizations. Represents the organization on projects.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to management.
- Prior experience with test and validation tools/processes.
- Strong working knowledge/prior testing experience in the following:
- Cisco UCS platforms
- VMware virtualization
- Cisco networking
- Dell EMC storage solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, time management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Global mind set and ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships.
- Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience with converged infrastructure systems.
- Familiarity with fundamental data center infrastructure, applications, services and tools.
- Expertise with scripting languages, e.g. Perl, Python, shell
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge/prior testing experience in the following:
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Linux KVM
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a combined hardware and software design function, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 9/30/2018
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.