Inside Data Protection Specialist - Round Rock, TX or Franklin, MA
Round Rock, Texas, Franklin, Massachusetts, United StatesJob ID R038710 Date posted Oct. 11, 2019
Dell EMC Data Protection Services (DPS) Division - Inside Data Protection Specialist Role
Round Rock, TX or Franklin, MA
Dell EMC’s Inside Sales organization continues to offer exciting growth opportunities for our sales teams. One of our strategic advantages is the strength and value associated with our data protection solutions. These solutions are highly differentiated with a comprehensive software, hardware and cloud portfolio capable of meeting the diverse spectrum of recovery time and recovery point objectives for our customers. This role is critical to both the inside and field sales teams. It represents a critical component to our revenue stream, while also providing sales leadership in leading more complex sales opportunities across a district. These roles offer the opportunity to further build and refine your sales, technical, and financial acumen with expanded visibility from both the inside and field sales organizations. This role is meant to be a feeder system to our Data Protection field organization, relocation flexible for future career opportunities is a must.
- As an Inside Data Protection Specialist at Dell EMC you will be maintaining productive relationships with Account Managers and Sales Leaders both inside and in the field.
- You main goal is to drive DPS sales within the teams and/or territories you are assigned.
- You will be responsible for driving and delivering sales results by running targeted demand generation activities and collaborating with your Dell EMC counterparts both inside and in the field.
- This role is meant to be a feeder system to our Data Protection field organization, and a stable mid-market selling presence with opportunity for career growth.
- Our organization is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best technical sales talent in the industry.
- 25% travel required
- Bachelor's Degree and at least minimum 1 year of data center specific sales experience as a specialist inside or field.
- General understanding of basic backup software architectures
- Ability and willingness to maintain deep technical expertise
- High sales activity and proven experience managing demand generation programs
- Strong messaging skills coupled with financial sales capabilities
- Willingness and passion to learn more about the data protection market including technologies, trends, and the competitive landscape
- Strong desire to pursue a field role as a next step in your career/Relocation flexible for future career opportunities
- Solid technical understand of key data center components (Compute, Network, Storage)
- Solid foundation in virtualization preferably VMWare and Hyper V
- Experience selling competitive software products i.e. Appassure, Commvault, Veritas, Veeam
- Understanding of the Dell inside selling motion both direct and channel
- Deep relationships with account managers and technical sales reps in local Dell call center
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to get to the heart of ground-breaking products and champion innovation as an expert, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.