Commodity Supply Planner
Franklin, MassachusettsJob ID R84087 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Commodity Supply Planner on our Materials and Procurement team located in Franklin, MA.
- Provides segments with the Forecast Assumptions package that must contain the product roadmaps, RTS dates, EOML dates, cost, price, form, feature, and function and market share.
- Analyzes supply-demand relationship to determine appropriate lead-time.
- Understands lead-time elasticity of products, and incorporates this into lead-time management and forecast.
- Works with product launch teams to ensure that products are successfully introduced into the marketplace and that products launch with accurate forecast and supply.
- Understands Bill of Materials (BOM) structure.
- Understands supply chain design and flexibility.
- Assesses supply supportability position for commodities and identifies mitigation alternatives for COS issues.
- Analyzes data and provides recommendations to team and leadership within the function.
- 3+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience
- Advanced MS Office skills especially Excel and Access
- Experience with ERP Systems such as: SAP (preferred) or Oracle
- Working knowledge of demand supply to include: seasonality, Q/Q and Y/Y growth rates, market share goals, product life cycle, margin and promotions.
- Strong knowledge of order management, fulfillment concepts and processes.
- Strong knowledge of forecast methodologies.
- Strong relationship building skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.