Associate Systems Engineer (GSAP)
Franklin, MassachusettsJob ID R79848 Date posted Jun. 14, 2019
Candidate will provide technical expertise in support of Pre-Sales activities and maintaining specialist level technical acumen. Candidate will assist in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is focused on Dell EMC’s Data Protection Solutions, as well as integrating Dell EMC solutions with non-DELL EMC solutions. Candidate will assist Sales in developing opportunities, delivering product demonstrations, customer presentations, and responding to RFPs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for designing complex solutions to protect customer’s data using DellL EMC’s suite of products
- Responsible for demonstrations of various DPS products, remotely, via WebEx
- Responsible for gathering customer data and site information in order to validate and qualify solutions as sold (Qualifiers)
- Delivers technical training to peers, product specialists, and sales teams
- Listening to customer’s requirements and be able put the right solutions in place to meet their needs
- Assists with development of technical strategies to deliver Dell EMC solutions that support business objectives of customers
- Able to vocalized complex ideas in a way that can be easily understandable to individuals with varying levels of product knowledge
- Able to pick up new concepts quickly and be able to relay them to others in a concise, succinct manner via PowerPoint or whiteboard trainings, or in one on one discussions
- Possess the ability to be the SME on Dell EMC’s DPS portfolio in order to facilitate support for channel partners and internal sales and presales teams
- Must be able to multitask and deal with requests for information from multiple avenues in a timely fashion
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification desired
- Understanding and experience with basic backup concepts like retentions, schedules, types of backup media
- Deep expertise in backup and recovery or knowledge of next generation storage architectures: SAN, NAS, Object or iSCSI
- Understanding of basic Data Center concepts, like rack sizing, power requirements
- Knowledge of Avamar, Networker, Data Domain, DPA, SourceOne, Isilon, and ECS
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Understanding and/or knowledge of Windows, LINUX/UNIX, Hyper-V, and VMware
- Experience with any/or of the following: Oracle, SQL, SharePoint, and Microsoft Exchange
- Time management skills.
- Communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- DELL EMC Proven Professional Certification desired
Education Required: Bachelors (Tech) or equivalent
Experience Required: Minimum of 6 months of DELL EMC Presales
Physical Requirements: None
Business Travel Required: None